- Add variety to your meals – try vegetarian options, like bean burritos, portabello mushroom burgers or spinach lasagna. (Love me some spinach lasagne!)
- Fruit and plain low-fat yogurt go great together. Enjoy them for breakfast or as a snack. If you must, add a tiny bit of stevia or a teaspoon of honey to sweeten. Or try mixing in a shake of ground cinnamon.
- Walk your way to your goal weight. New to walking? Start slow and gradually add minutes. Not new to walking? Get a Sistah to walk with you!
- If it bothers your knees & joints to run, try bicycling or swimming (like Nikkia) for a great aerobic exercise.
- To help you eat fewer calories when eating out, order an item from the menu (like an appetizer or a side vegetable) instead of heading for the “all-you-can-eat” buffet.
- Pay attention to the food as you eat it and sloooowww down. Drink water as you eat and put your fork down between bites.
- Chew each bite 25 – 30 times. This helps both satiety and digestion.
- Feel for your satiety level and stop just before you feel full (this takes practice).
Try at least ONE of these tips and see how you feel. Love it? Incorporate it into your days. Hate it? Choose something else. You have options.
In Sistahly Love,