Prep time: 10 minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
This refreshing smoothie is a blend of papaya, banana, and yogurt and makes a satisfying part of breakfast or any time of day. Mix in frozen or fresh berries for a variety of flavors. I usually throw in a handful of spinach or kale for a ‘green’ smoothie – great way to get some veggies in.
2 cups papaya chunks (fresh or frozen)
2 bananas (overripe, sliced)
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1 cup ice cubes
- Put all the ingredients in the blender.
- Put the lid on tightly. Turn the blender to a medium setting and blend until the ice is chopped and the mixture is smooth, about 1 minute.
- Serve right away or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- One cup of low-fat milk, soy, rice, almond or coconut milk can be used instead of yogurt.
- Strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries can be used in addition to or instead of papaya.